When it comes to absorbing information, visuals are the first thing to catch our attention. Researchers have found that visuals play an important role in helping us recognize and recollect information, which results in improved learning.
Incorporating images into eLearning can assist viewers to better connect and understand scenarios. Visuals such as screen captures can even allow learners to practice the desired scenario for themselves. Data can be easily depicted in the form of charts, graphs, and diagrams to help learners digest the information more easily.
Visuals not only increase the learner’s ability to retain information, they also make the eLearning experience more aesthetically pleasing and interesting.
Other benefits of including visuals in eLearning:
- Visuals build pre-knowledge for learners before they even read the content
- Complex concepts can be delivered concisely through the use of graphics
- Visuals increase the learner’s interest in the subject matter
- Visuals can be used to highlight the importance specific subject matter
- The use of visuals can help the learner understand the information in less time
It’s no secret that visuals play an important role in eLearning, but the key is to understand how to connect them with the content throughout the learning experience. Keep in mind that visuals used in eLearning should aways be relevant and suitable. Images and text should complement each other in order to provide your viewers with the most rewarding eLearning experience possible.